25th March: Organization of the rest of the academic year
Dear students and pedagogues of faculty,
We would like to inform you about the organization of the rest of the academic year and, above all, to explain the course of action in relation to the measures taken against the spread of COVID-19.
We are very pleased with your interest in the current extraordinary way of study at our faculty. We want to assure you that we are taking all steps to ensure that the Final State Examinations are successful as well as the regular exam period so that you can successfully complete your studies or continue to the next year without any problems.
We realize that the current situation increases the stress that you are exposed to before examinations, and especially before the Final State Examinations. We reflect this situation and we will do our best to support you.
Completion of teaching
Bc. and Mgr. studies in the summer semester will be completed by contactless forms at planned dates (10th week – for those in last year of the study and 12th week for others), ie without extension.
a) For those who continue in the study next year (1st and 2nd years of Bc. and 1st years of Mgr. studies),
- the examination period will run according to the schedule (between the beginning of May and the end of June). The examination period will be prolongated until early September for the completing of courses. The number of exam dates will be sufficient also with regard to the current government regulation and relevant recommendations of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic (MSMT).
- Unfortunately, at the beginning of the examination period, we will be still in an emergency state, so only contactless online testing methods (MS Teams, LMS Moodle, Google Meet, Google Classroom, Adobe Connect, etc.) will be used. Criteria for completion of a particular course (credit, exam) are fully under the competency of the guarantors of courses.
- For some subjects where it is difficult to implement an online examination, enough of examination dates will be offered when the emergency period will be over.
b) For those who finish their study this academic year (3rd year of Bc. and 2nd year of Mgr. studies)
- the examination period will start in accordance with the schedule but will be extended until 7.8. 2020.
Final State Examination
- Due to the latest information and estimates given by the MSMT, the university will be open for students at the earliest in the second half of May. The dates of the State Final Examinations will be postponed. The new term for Bc. studies are set at 17.8 – 21.8 2020 and for Mgr. studies at 24.8 – 28.8. 2020. The submission of final theses will be extended accordingly, so that you have enough time to complete everything successfully (Bc. Thesis submission by 17. 7. 2020 | Mgr. Thesis submission by 24. 7. 2020).
In case of any changes, we will inform you immediately.
Dear students and pedagogues, we wish you good health and good luck in the coming days. Please, be responsible and respect other fellow citizens and take advantage of this emergency for positive activities.
Sincerely your dean Iva Langrová with all vice-deans